I’m so excited to share one of the cute things we have started this pregnancy. It is a scrapbook! Background: this actually started as our relationship scrapbook; I started creating pages to record various milestones in our relationship. (I have a page for our first birthdays together, our first car/apartment, etc.)
Since learning about baby, we decided to switch gears so this little one can have a little keepsake about its parents and our life before baby.
This page just simply explains our lives and hobbies before we met each other. Next, there is a little section that explains things we enjoy doing together, once we started dating. I intentionally created two different backgrounds for our pics, to show how opposite we are, LOL. I also used different fonts for our headers, on our personal sections. As you can see, Jake was such a sweetie and helped with the page. He added in his own handwriting, for authenticity (wink, wink), and he also helped give me ideas for the page’s layout.
BONUS: Scrapbooking Tips:
- Keep it simple, especially if you are a beginner, like me.
- Get inspired, look online to find resources and ideas. (IG, Pinterest, etc.)
- Use themed pages, this helps you create an organized piece of work.
- Have fun! Everything requires practice, so do not get upset if your 1st book is not perfect.
- If it is too stressful, pay someone else to make it. (Like Shutterfly!)
Pregnancy is still going well, thank God. (No, literally. Thank God!) Tune in for the 16th week update, coming soon. Ps… I want to wait until the week is officially over, the pics are taken, and we have some good content! So pretty please come back. 🙂
Until Next Time, C. L